FCDA Code of Conduct
In an effort to provide positive, fair and professional competition, Florida Cheer & Dance Association has implemented a Code of Conduct for all of their events. This code of conduct is to be followed by all directors, coaches, competitors, parents, spectators, or anyone else affiliated with the program.
Rules/ Regulations / Sportsmanship
1. My team and I have read and understand all rules and regulations as stated in FCDA Rules and will abide by them.
2. My team and I will adhere to all performance and safety regulations. We understand that failing to do so may result in a deduction of penalty points.
3. I will abide by all age and/or grade requirements for the divisions they are competing in. I understand that upon request I may have to provide said documentation if a violation is reported. Misrepresenting this information can result in disqualification.
4. I understand that only the director/coach may approach FCDA staff to register a complaint. If a parent contacts FCDA staff or FCDA judge with an objection I understand my right to protest has been forfeited.
5. The safety of my team is my top priority and therefore will put more importance on safety of my athletes than competitive results.
6. I understand that the possibility of injury is present at cheer and dance activities and certify that my team has been properly trained.
7. I understand that FCDA reserves the right to remove any person for unsafe or unsportsmanlike conduct.
8. FCDA reserves the right to add/combine divisions to create the best possible atmosphere for a competitive championship. Divisions may be combined when there are 3 or less teams registered in a division for that particular category. Judging will be based on the percentage of the teams required elements in a given category to ensure complete fairness and no bias.
All school/rec participants must comply with, the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) spirit rules.